The Minnesota WebFest will take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is a direct flight from almost anywhere in the United States and Canada as well as London, Amsterdam, Paris, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Reykjavik, and a handful of other air travel hubs.
The core venue is 900 Hennepin Ave in the theater district of Minneapolis.
Downtown Minneapolis is a 30-minute ride on light-rail from the MSP airport or a 15 minute car/Lyft/Uber/taxi ride. Both Lyft and Uber operate in the Twin Cities.
The light rail line will get you between downtown Minneapolis and downtown St. Paul as well as from downtown Minneapolis to the suburb of Bloomington. That means the Mall of America, the University of Minnesota, Twins games, Vikings games, and both downtowns are rail-accessible. Renting a car is probably a waste of money.
Where to Stay
There are numerous hotels in downtown Minneapolis or by the airport and the Mall of America. If your budget allows, our recommendation is to stay in downtown Minneapolis.
We have partnered with the Hampton Inn & Suite Downtown to provide attendees to the Minnesota WebFest with a great place to stay at great rates not too far from the venue. The event rate is $149/night. Call them at +1.612.341.3333 to book your room. Booking earlier is better! You'll be within a very short walk from historic First Avenue as well as the event itself.
What to See and Do
Of course, you're here to watch web series!
But if you'd like to get out and about in the Twin Cities, here are some things to do:
- A ton of riding and running trails. You can get anywhere in the Twin Cities on bike trails alone without having to fight cars.
- Paisley Park (the former home and workplace of Prince, now a museum)
- Theater (Minneapolis is one of the largest theater scenes in the country with the second-most capacity per capita)
- Hamilton at The Orpheum Theater (next door to the Minnesota WebFest venue)
- Chicago White Sox at Minnesota Twins (9/28 DH, 9/29. 9/30) at Target Field
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the United States
- Nickelodeon Universe, an amusement park inside the Mall of America
- The Walker Art Center (https://walkerart.org)
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden with the big ass spoon (next to Walker Art Center)
- Strolling the Lakes (Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet)
- Lake Minnetonka Cruise and Lake Minnetonka cities (Wayzata and Excelsior)
- Minnehaha Park
- And the legendary First Avenue
If you are willing to make a drive of it, the city of Duluth and Lake Superior are 2 1/2 hours north of the Twin Cities.