The Minnesota WebFest is in the Minneapolis suburb of Edina. The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is a direct flight from almost anywhere in the United States and Canada as well as London, Amsterdam, Paris, Tokyo, and a handful of other destinations.
The venue is 4545 W. 77th St., Edina, MN. It's a 15-20 minute drive from MSP airport.
We intend to provide some kind of regular transportation between the recommended hotel and the venue. But if you want to get out beyond the venue and your hotel, you will want to rent a car. Near the airport is a park and ride lot, and you can take the light rail to the Mall of America, downtown Minneapolis, and downtown St. Paul. Or you can just drive wherever.
Where to Stay
There are any number of hotel options depending on any affinity programs to which you belong. The closest hotels are actually in Bloomington, not Edina.
The following hotels have the easiest access to the venue. All rates are based on online searches and not guaranteed rates.
- Park Plaza ($101) (walking distance) - W 78th Street Circle, Bloomington MN (1-866-599-6674)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites ($102) (very short drive, long walk) - Johnson Ave S, Bloomington, MN (1-855-799-6861)
- Days Inn Bloomington ($59) (very short drive, long walk) - Normandale Dr, Bloomington, MN (1-855-799-6859)
- Sheraton Bloomington Hotel ($129) (short drive) - W. 78th St., Bloomington, MN (1-855-873-6559)
What to See and Do
Of course, you're here to watch web series!
But if you'd like to get out and about in the Twin Cities, here are some things to do:
- A ton of riding and running trails. You can get anywhere in the Twin Cities on bike trails alone without having to fight cars.
- Paisley Park (the former home and workplace of Prince, now a museum)
- Theater (Minneapolis is one of the largest theater scenes in the country with the second-most capacity per capita)
- WNBA Finals: TBA at Minnesota Lynx (Friday Sept 29, Sunday Oct 1) at Target Center (Lynx always make it, but could be away)
- Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings (Sunday Oct 1) at US Bank Stadium, site of Super Bowl LII in January
- Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins (Friday Sept 29 and Sunday Oct 1) at Target Field
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the United States
- Nickelodeon Universe, an amusement park inside the Mall of America
- The Walker Art Center (https://walkerart.org)
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden with the big ass spoon (next to Walker Art Center)
- Strolling the Lakes (Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet)
- Lake Minnetonka Cruise and Lake Minnetonka cities (Wayzata and Excelsior)
- Minnehaha Park
- And the legendary First Avenue
If you are willing to make a drive of it, the city of Duluth and Lake Superior are 2 1/2 hours north of the Twin Cities.